There are numerous meditation techniques- all are focused on mental peace, and the supports that can help you, be they mantras, the flame of a candle, a background sound or a repetitive movement, theyare all meant to pull your back to that area of peace which makes the thought ran away from you.
Don’t think that meditation means to stay still for hours! You can meditate for a few minutes daily and these will have a cumulative effect on your mind, thereby training you to calm.
Again, don’t give up if your attention runs away somewhere else. It does not mean “That’s it, my meditation
Simply, with patience, we turn our attention inwards again. Again and again. The few seconds of silence will add up with the following and so on, giving a general beneficial effect. Over time you can increase the duration of your meditative practice from 10 minutes to 20 or as much as you would like.
1. Make sure you have some free time and no interruptions around.
2. Set your phone on silent and place it somewhere far from your body.
3. For start, you can set a reminder for 10 minutes.
4. Sit comfortabye on a chair or lay on the sofa, as you wish.
5. Close your eyes and take 3 deep breaths.
6. Stay there, quietly, focusing on the inside.
7. Only observe any thoughts that come to your mind and let them pass. Don’t hold on to them, they will pass.
8. Be present in the space between your thoughts.
9. At the end of those 10 minutes, congratulate yourself. You have MEDITATED!
As a paradox, meditation can be practiced in stressful situations, where it is very helpful. The easiest way is to listen to one of the 15-minute Hemi Sync exercises – after that you will feel that you change your gray glasses into some, at least gold if not pink ones!
Meditation has an impressive component in the healing and self-healing process. Working with alpha and delta brain waves, the body releases beneficial hormones which make all of its defense mechanisms accelerate. This process makes the immune system to function at its optimal capacity.